If you are a regular reader, you must be familiar with aquafaba. To the readers who are new to my blog, here is an introduction to home made aquafaba, eggless meringue kisses and eggless Italian Meringue Butter cream.(click on names for recipe). After these recipes, I experimented with a banana bread. Though I have done eggless banana bread previously with milk and vinegar as egg substitutes, this is the first time I am trying with aquafaba. The result was soft and moist delicious banana bread.
The original recipe had two eggs in it and I substituted it with 2 tbs of aquafaba. Usually 3 tbs of aquafaba is used in recipes instead of an egg, but that day I somehow miscalculated it and added two tbs. Though I was happy with the result, I wanted to make sure that the miscalculation didn’t cost any thing. So I made the bread again and this time with 6 tbs of aquafaba substituting two eggs. But the bread was not at all good. It was so mushy and was not edible at all. So two tbs of aquafaba worked great whereas 6 tbs failed. The bread was so yumm and we had a lovely treat that day.
Powdered Sugar-1 1/3 cup
Flour/ Maida-1 cup+2 tbs
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Aquafaba – 2 tbs
Banana – 2 medium sized
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 3 minutes.
Add the aquafaba and beat for one more minute.
In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Mash bananas in a bowl and mix it to the butter mixture along with vanilla.
Beat until combined.
Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
Pour it into a greased 7 1/2″ * 4 1/2 ” loaf tin and smooth the top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
Flip it on to a wire rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Eggless Banana Bread with Aquafaba
- Butter-2/3 cup
- Powdered Sugar-1 1/3 cup
- Flour/ Maida-1 cup+2 tbs
- Baking Powder-1 tsp
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- Aquafaba - 2 tbs
- Banana - 2 medium sized
- Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add the aquafaba and beat for one more minute.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and mix it to the butter mixture along with vanilla.
- Beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Pour it into a greased 7 1/2" * 4 1/2 " loaf tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Flip it on to a wire rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing.