For me quick breads are never breakfast dish but is a dessert which has to be relished after a meal or a snack to go with my evening coffee. So I have never ever served it for breakfast. After a long time I am taking part in Home Bakers Challenge started by Priya. This month Priya suggested quick breads and gave four recipes to choose from. This chocolate bread was perfect as my daughter would not complain. I made the whole recipe in my new loaf tin. It is huge and I just wanted to see how the bread will look when baked in it. I changed the recipe to make it eggless. Instead of eggs I used curd and added extra flour, baking soda and baking powder. For the extra flavour I added some coffee decoction and the bread turned out amazing. If you don’t have decoction, you can add instant coffee powder to the flour.
It was not very fluffy but was so moist and slightly fudgy. The almonds added a nice crunch to the bread and the white chocolate melted into the bread. That is why it turned out so moist and fudgy. And make sure to never slice the bread when warm as it will crumble. You need to allow the bread to cool down completely before using a bread knife to slice. The flavour of banana combined with the chocolate was absolutely delicious. The bread stayed good for five days in room temperature. I cling wrapped the bread and stored it inside my oven.
Recipe Source: Joy Of Baking
Makes one 9″ * 5″ loaf
Thick coffee Decoction-1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Flour/ Maida -2 cups
Baking Powder-1 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Cocoa Powder-1/4 cup
Toasted and sliced almonds – 1/2 cup
Chopped White Chocolate -1/2 cup
Preheat oven to 175°C.
In a bowl beat together butter and sugar until light.
Add curd and beat until incorporated.
Mash the bananas nicely and add it to the butter mixture.
Beat it for a minute.
Add in coffee and vanilla and beat.
In another bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add this to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
Toast almonds and cut them into small pieces.
Chop the white chocolate also.
Add both to the batter and mix thoroughly.
Grease and dust a 9″ * 5″ loaf tin. I used goop to grease.
Pour the batter and level the top.
Bake in oven for 1 – 1 1/4 hours or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool in tin for 10 minutes.
Flip the bread on wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
Slice it up and enjoy!!
Eggless Chocolate Banana Quick Bread
- Sugar-1 cup
- Butter-1/2 cup
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Thick coffee Decoction-1/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
- Flour/ Maida -2 cups
- Baking Powder-1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Cocoa Powder-1/4 cup
- Toasted and sliced almonds - 1/2 cup
- Chopped White Chocolate -1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a bowl beat together butter and sugar until light.
- Add curd and beat until incorporated.
- Mash the bananas nicely and add it to the butter mixture.
- Beat it for a minute.
- Add in coffee and vanilla and beat.
- In another bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add this to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Toast almonds and cut them into small pieces.
- Chop the white chocolate also.
- Add both to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Grease and dust a 9" * 5" loaf tin. I used goop to grease.
- Pour the batter and level the top.
- Bake in oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in tin for 10 minutes.
- Flip the bread on wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Slice it up and enjoy!!