If you are wondering what I made with that easy microwave mawa, then you are looking at it. Yes, I made cupcakes with mawa and they turned out amazingly soft, fluffy and tasty. I slightly altered my mawa cake recipe for these cupcakes. The only difference with the instant mawa is that the cupcakes turned out white in colour, whereas the cake made out of home made mawa turns out a nice deep golden colour.
Though the top of the cupcakes turn out with cracks, they taste so good. I didn’t add vanilla essence and added just cardamom powder. So it gave a feel of Indian sweet. But if you prefer, you can add vanilla essence too. The cupcake didn’t stick to the liner and came out easily with out crumbling. It is best when served fresh. I felt that the cup cakes turn slightly hard the next day but the mawa flavour was intense the second day. May be this was due to my fault in storing the cupcakes. I forgot to cover them in cling wrap. I just placed the plate with the cupcakes inside the oven and the next day the top was dry. So if you are planning on serving the next day, make sure that you cover the cupcakes in cling wrap and then place it in an air tight jar.
Eggless Mawa Cupcakes
- Butter- 1/2 cup
- cup Mawa-3/4 click on link for easy version
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Curd-3/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder-3/4 tsp
- All Purpose Flour/ Maida-2 cups
- Corn Flour-1/4 cup
- Baking Powder-1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Milk-1 cup
- 1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 2. Add mawa and beat well until creamy.
- 3. In a bowl mix together flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder and salt.
- 4. Add curd to the butter mixture and cream together.
- 5. Add milk and mix until incorporated.
- 6. Add the flour mixture and gently fold in until all the flour is incorporated.
- 7. Preheat oven to 180C.
- 8. Line muffin pan with cup cake liners.
- 9. Fill each liner to 2/3 rd with the batter. Using two spoons or an ice cream scoop works great.
- 10. Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes. When a tooth pick comes out clean, remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- 11. Arrange the cup cakes on the wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- 12. Serve plain or decorate it with your favourite frosting and enjoy!!