Popsicles are my daughter’s most favourtie ice cream variety. When I do it at home, she becomes so happy. I have posted Watermelon Popsicle, Milk Popsicle, Rose Milk Creamsicle and Jigarthanda Popsicle so far. And this popsicle is made with sherbat. Nannari/ Sarasparilla is one sherbat we get easily in Madurai. So I used it to make this popsicle.
Sherbat are concentrated sugar syrups with variety of flavours. Any type of sherbat or fruit syrups can be used. This doesn’t exactly have a recipe and the proportions depend on your taste. The quantity of water used depends upon how sweet you want your popsicle. If you have a sweet tooth, then add more syrup and if you want it less sweet, then add less syrup. I have added lemon juice to cut out the sweetness of the syrup.
Any Concentrated syrup/ Sherbat – 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice-2-3 tbs
In a jar mix together the water, syrup and lemon juice.
Mix it well.
Add the liquid to popsicle moulds.
Freeze them for 5-6 hours.
Once frozen, remove the mould from freezer.
Place it in a basin of water or place it under running water.
Now the popsicle can be removed easily from the mould.
Serve it immediately.
Sherbat Popsicle Recipe
- Any Concentrated syrup/ Sherbat - 1/2 cup
- Water-2 cups
- Lemon Juice-2-3 tbs
- In a jar mix together the water, syrup and lemon juice.
- Mix it well.
- Add the liquid to popsicle moulds.
- Freeze them for 5-6 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the mould from freezer.
- Place it in a basin of water or place it under running water.
- Now the popsicle can be removed easily from the mould.
- Serve it immediately.