Jowar is a nutritious and gluten free millet. These rotis go very well with curries. As this flour is gluten free, you need to use hot water to make the dough. Otherwise you will not be able to roll out rotis. Once hot water is added the dough becomes a little bit softer and will hold together. Even then rolling out the roti is a tough work. You need to do it with patience.
Jowar / Sorghum/ Cholam Flour-1 cup
1. Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Add hot water little by little and mix it with a wooden spoon.
3. When the dough comes together, allow it to cool completely.
4. Knead to form a soft dough.
5. Divide into 4 equal portions.
6. Dust with wheat flour and roll into a thick disc.
7. Cook it on a tawa until done.
8. Brush with ghee and serve hot.