Baati is made with wheat flour and is usually served with daal. I have posted recipe for panchmel daal previously but this time it is a simple moong dhal which was also delicious. For perfect flaky baati you need to first mix the flour and ghee until crumbly and use very little water to bring together the dough.
Wheat flour-1 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
Butter or ghee-3 tbs
1. Mix salt, flour and ghee and mix until crumbly.
4. Preheat the oven at 175C.
6. To give the baati’s even color all over after baking you can fry them in ghee till golden brown.
7. The baati’s are dipped in pure ghee so that they absorb most of the ghee .
8. I skipped the frying in ghee part but coated the baked baatis generously with ghee and they turned out delicious.
Green Gram Dal -1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Garam Masala-1/4 tsp