My daughter is a fan of waffles. So I was really searching for a waffle maker. All the waffle makers available in Amazon are made of cheap plastic and they heat too much and sometimes melt. I read about it in reviews and decided not to go for that. At that time, I came across the silicon waffle moulds which can be used to bake waffles. So first time I tried, I used a recipe with egg and it turned out fantastic. Check the recipe here. But as you know, I usually do eggless bakes and my readers were more interested in an eggless recipe. That is when I decided to bake an eggless version for us both. I also made a video for the recipe. Do check it out and if you haven’t yet subscribed to my channel, do subscribe.
This recipe is made with whole wheat flour. But if you are not keen on using wheat flour, you can definitely use maida instead. The recipes calls for 100 gm of wheat flour, if substituting with maida, use 125 gm. All the other ingredients remain the same. If using wheat flour, it is better to use sharbati flour/ buy kernels and get it ground in a flour mill. These two flours will give you perfect results without giving a weird after taste.
Cup used – 200 ml
Whole wheat flour – 100 gm / 1 cup – 1 tbs
Brown Sugar – 2 tbs
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Milk – 200 ml / 1 cup
Ghee / Melted Butter – 1.5 tbs
Vanilla Essence – a few drops
For The Sauce:
Dark/ Milk Chocolate – 50 gm
Amul Cream – 50 gm
Preheat oven to 200°C.
IN a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking powder.
Add milk, vanilla and ghee.
Whisk to form a smooth batter.
Grease the mould and place it in a tray.
Divide the batter in the moulds and level the top. Tap to remove any bubbles.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and filp the mould on the baking tray.
Bake the waffles without mould for five minutes extra.
Serve with chocolate sauce.
Mix together chocolate and cream and MW on medium on short bursts until chocolate melts completely.
Eggless Whole Wheat Waffles - Video Recipe
- cup Whole wheat flour - 100 gm / 1- 1 tbs
- Brown Sugar - 2 tbs
- Baking Powder - 3/4 tsp
- ml Milk - 200/ 1 cup
- Ghee / Melted Butter - 1.5 tbs
- Vanilla Essence - a few drops
- For The Sauce:
- Dark/ Milk Chocolate - 50 gm
- Amul Cream - 50 gm
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk, vanilla and ghee.
- Whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Grease the mould and place it in a tray.
- Divide the batter in the moulds and level the top. Tap to remove any bubbles.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and filp the mould on the baking tray.
- Bake the waffles without mould for five minutes extra.
- Serve with chocolate sauce.
- Mix together chocolate and cream and MW on medium on short bursts until chocolate melts completely.