Dhana Moong Wadi
CTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
Mangodis are small nuggets made out of moong dhal. This is usually available at stores but making mangodis at home is also easy. As in Tamil Nadu we don’t get mangodis, I opted to try it at home. For the step wise processes, click on the link. The mangodis absorb all the water in the curry. So I couldn’t get the gravy consistency. I added a tbs of besan along with water to make a paste and added it to the curry to get the gravy consistency. It was a nice accompaniment to the rotis.
Coriander Leaves-2 cups
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
1. In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds.
2. When they crackle add red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
3. Add the mangodis and saute for a minute.
4. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook on low flame with lid on.
5. When the mangodis are soft, add more water.
6. Mix besan with a little water to make a paste.
7. Add this paste to the gravy along with coriander leaves.
8. Cook on low flame until the raw smell vanishes.
9. Serve it hot along with rotis.