Recipe Adapted From Turmeric and Saffron
Makes 3 dozen cookies
For The Syrup:
Lemon Juice-2 tsp
Rose Essence-1/2 tsp
Rice Flour-2 cups
Cardamom Powder-1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence-1/4 tsp
Pistachios-20-25 crushed for topping
1. Add water and sugar and bring it to boil.
2. Reduce flame and let it boil until it comes to half a cup.
3. Add lemon juice and rose essence and allow it to cool completely.
4. Beat butter and oil until creamy.
5. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
6. Mix rice flour and cardamom powder.
7. Beat until well incorporated.
8. Add the sugar syrup and beat well. The dough will be sticky and thin.
9. Place it in a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. I kept it in the fridge overnight and baked them in the morning.
10. Preheat oven to 175C.
11. Pinch small portion of the dough and roll into a small ball.
12. Place it on a lined baking tray 2″ apart.
13. With a flat bowl, press each ball into a thick cookie.
14. With the help of a knife or fork make some designs on the top of the cookie.
15. Sprinkle crushed pistas on top.
16. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie is golden. The top needs to be white.
17. Remove from oven and allow it to cool in the tray for 5 minutes.
18. Using a small spatula remove the cookies from the tray and allow it to cool.
19. Finish baking the remaining dough.
20. Store in airtight jar.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#25