This is the famous nougat from the Vietnamese capital Imperial. It looks like our peanut brittle but actually it resembles halwa. It is very soft and chewy. It tastes great. The combination of peanuts and white sesame seeds makes the candy very yummy. The original candy was so cute to look at. But what I did didn’t resemble the original. Sending this to A.W.E.D.Vietnam by Priya Mitharwal started by DK.
Juice of half lemon
1.Grease a plate with 1tbs oil. Spread 1/4cup roasted sesame on the plate.
2. Mix 1/3cup of water with flour and keep it aside.
3. In a pan heat 1tbs oil. Add 1/3cup water and sugar.
4. Let it boil. When the sugar mixture thickens and becomes brown add the lemon juice and give it a nice stir.
5. Add the flour paste to the syrup carefully.
6. Stir until there are no lumps left.
7. Stir it on low flame to avoid burning at the bottom.
8. When the flour is fully cooked, it becomes semi-transparent.
9. Now add the vanilla extract and peanuts. Mix well.
10. Pour this mixture on to the plate. Spread the remaining sesame seeds on the peanut mixture and flatten it with the back of a spoon.
11. According to the original recipe, the candy should be cut to desired shape. But as this did not become hard, I just made some round balls and served it in paper cups.
The original recipe is here