For the third week of this month’s blogging marathon, I have chosen the theme Wheat Flour Recipes. When I read wheat flour recipes, my mind always goes to bakes. Using wheat flour instead of maida in bakes is the latest trend. I have seen so many cake recipes using wheat flour instead of maida in cakes in social media. I have once tried a quick bread with wheat flour, but I didn’t like it very much. But those who are conscious of their health and their calorie intake find using wheat flour great. I don’t mind using wheat flour in breads as it gives a nice flavour to the bread. But for cakes, I am still skeptical.
We at Blogging Marathon have become a family and whenever we visit places, we make sure to meet any BM buddy in that place. Likewise Sowmya of Nivedhanam visited Madurai and I went to meet her at Meenakshi Amman temple. I took these wheat banana muffins for her to taste. At the same time my nephew was also there at home and so this also became the evening snack for kids. He liked it while my daughter didn’t like it very much. Fortunately I liked it and so these muffins became my snacks for the next two days. The bananas help conceal the wheat flavour and the choco chips add a nice crunch to the muffins.
Whole Wheat Flour / Atta – 250gm
Butter – 80gm
Sugar – 130gm
Baking Powder – 1 1/2tsp
Baking Soda – 1tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
White Chocolate Chips – 3-4 tbs
1. Remove skin and mash banana with a fork. Beat butter and banana until creamy.
2. Add baking powder, baking soda, milk and sugar to banana. You will get a fluffy mixture.
3. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 175°C. Line the muffin tray with paper liners or grease them with butter and dust with flour.
5. Add the flour to the mixture and gently mix.
6. Divide the batter among the 12 liners. Top with white choco chips.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool on wire rack and serve.