No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake is one of my favourite cheesecake recipes. I really struggled making perfect cheesecakes, either no bake or baked. I have some cheesecakes in the blog, but still whenever I attempt a new one, I end up with failing more than once. This happened before I did the baked cheesecakes class. It was definitely a learning phase for me. After successfully making and teaching baked cheesecakes, I then started planning for a no bake cheesecake class. While preparing for it, I also made this cheesecake with agar agar.
No bake vanilla cheesecake with agar agar
Using agar agar in recipes is quite tedious. Finding out the correct proportion of ingredients is really important while using agar agar. If you use too much, then the cake will set really hard and gummy. If the quantity is not sufficient, then the cheesecake will not set at all. So after a few experiments, I found the proper ratio of agar agar powder. I got my agar agar powder from amazon. Let me share the link to the product I am using. Use it to get the same result. If changing the type of the agar agar powder, then make sure to do a small batch and see how it sets before attempting a larger cake. Click on the image to buy the agar agar powder from Amazon.
No bake vanilla cheesecake with fruit compote
Fruit compote goes really well with cheesecakes. I love blueberry compote a lot with vanilla, but you can use any fruit compote. Use the same recipe and change the fruits. This recipe is very easy and stores well in fridge for months. The amount of sugar added depends on how sweet your fruits are. If they are sweeter, then reduce the amount of sugar added and if they are too tart, then increase sugar. It is all about individual taste.
I also did a live session for this recipe in my FB group Fun With Egg Free Baking. If you are not yet part of the group, then click this link to join – Fun With Egg Free Baking FB Group . The session is also in the bottom of the post. You can watch the whole session here itself. Scroll to the bottom of the post.
I also do live session in my Instagram account every week. If you want to know more about baking, please follow me on insta as well.
I have made a 4″ small cheesecake in the video, but you can double the recipe to make 7″ cake. That will give you 8 slices. Loose bottomed tin is the best one to make cheesecakes. The final cake comes out perfectly. I am not a very great fan of springform pan as it is extremely tough to remove the biscuit base out of the base plate.
I like to use Britannia Marie Gold in my cheesecake biscuit bases. They have the correct sweetness, not too much of oil and perfectly crisp for the set cheesecakes. But you can also use any kind of cookies or biscuits you like. If using cream biscuits for the base, reduce the amount of butter used, as the filling itself will have some butter in it. That way your base won’t become too oily or buttery.
No Bake Vanilla cheesecake Recipe
For The Cheesecake Base:
- 50 gm Marie Biscuits
- 25 ml Melted Butter
For The Cheesecake:
- 100 ml Amul Low Fat Cream
- 100 gm Cream Cheese
- 50 ml Water
- 3 gm Agar agar powder
- 50 gm Icing Sugar
For The Compote:
- 100 gm Blueberry – 100 gm
- 3 tbs Water
- 2 tbs Sugar
For The Compote:
- In a sauce pan, mix together the fruits, sugar and water.
- Cover and cook until the fruits become tender and 80% of water evaporates.
- Transfer to a jar, cool and refrigerate.
For The Biscuit Base:
- Grind the biscuits until fine.
- Add melted butter and blend to combine.
- Take a 4" loose bottomed pan and transfer the mix.
- Using a spoon, spread the biscuit mix evenly.
- Press it to make a firm base.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For The Cheesecake:
- Mix together water and agar agar powder in a bowl.
- Heat it in a MW or on stove until it is very hot and agar agar dissolves completely.
- In another bowl, take cream and heat it in MW or on stove.
- Now mix the very hot agar agar mix and the hot cream.
- In a larger bowl, cream together room temperature cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.
- Add the hot cream agar agar mix and whisk until all the ingredients are incorporated well.
- Pour this on the prepared base, cover with cling and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Use a knife dipped in warm water and wiped on a towel to slice the cheesecake.
- Serve with compote on top.