Made with layers of cake, ganache and whipped cream, this shot glass dessert with leftover cake is so easy to assemble and tastes so yum. When ever I make a cake for video, I am always left with a few pieces of cake and some frosting which most of the time gets a make over as cake balls. When Valli announced the theme of shot glass desserts, I wanted to make this as one of the recipes. This will make a great party dessert and you can bake the cake especially for that. And it is so easy to assemble and I am sure your guests will praise you.
I used my oil based eggless vanilla cake for assembling this dessert. And remaining dark chocolate ganache and remaining whipped cream also made their way into it. So as for this dessert, I didn’t do anything except for arranging them in the glass. I also made this exclusively for myself. Yes, I made one glass and finished it off as soon as photo shoot was over. I didn’t even tell Sruti that I had this as my dessert that day. Now she saw the photos while I was editing and she was shocked to know that I didn’t even tell her about it. So she wants me to do it again for her, but as I am out of cake crumbs, I have promised to make it during my next project.
Left Over Cake – a few pieces
Dark Chocolate Ganache – a few dollops
Whipped Cream – a few Dollops
Simple Sugar Syrup
Edible Silver Beads
In a glass, break some cake and add it to the bottom.
Sprinkle some sugar syrup on top.
Add two tablespoons of ganache on the cake.
Add two tablespoons of whipped cream on it.
Repeat layers until you come to the top of the glass.
Take whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with star nozzle and pipe it on to the top of the glass.
Decorate it with edible silver beads and serve chilled.
Shot Glass Dessert with Left Over Cake
- Left Over Cake - a few pieces
- Dark Chocolate Ganache - a few dollops
- Whipped Cream - a few Dollops
- Simple Sugar Syrup
- Edible Silver Beads
- In a glass, break some cake and add it to the bottom.
- Sprinkle some sugar syrup on top.
- Add two tablespoons of ganache on the cake.
- Add two tablespoons of whipped cream on it.
- Repeat layers until you come to the top of the glass.
- Take whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with star nozzle and pipe it on to the top of the glass.
- Decorate it with edible silver beads and serve chilled.