Seekh Kebab is usually prepared with minced meat. I wanted to try out a vegetarian version of the famous mughalai seekh kebab. Si I replaced minced meat with minced spoy granules and tofu. The binding ingredient was besan in this recipe. The kebabs were vrispy and delicious. I made some rolls with the kebab, onion salad and chapathi. They were very nice. I also prepared a gravy with two kebabs and that went very well with rotis. Today is the final day of Blogging Marathon and I really enjoyed the 14 days of fun.
Red Chilly Powder-3/4tsp
Dry Ginger Powder-1/4tsp
1. In a bowl, crumble tofu.
2. Soak soay granules in hot water for 15minutes.
3. Wash and drain water.
4. Mince it in a mixer grinder.
5. Add the minced soy to the bowl along with tofu.
6. Add all the spices.
7. Add besan, cream and salt.
8. Mix to form a crumbly dough.
9. Shape kebabs on skewer rods. I got 4 1/2 kebabs with this quantity of ingredients.
10. Preheat oven to 250C.
11. Place the kebabs on a wire tray and brush with oil.
12. Bake for 30 minutes or until well browned.
13. Serve hot.
I served it as a roll with a chapathi and onion salad.
For The Onion Salad:
Mix all the ingredients and use. Place a chapathi on a plate, add 3tbs of the salad in the middle of the chapathi, place a kebab on the salad and roll. Serve immediately.
I also prepared a gravy with remaining two rolls. That went well with rice. We enjoyed the treat thoroughly.
I am linking this to Srivalli’s Kebab Mela .
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13