Recipe Adapted From Indobase
Fresh Grated Coconut-3/4cup
For The Frosting:
Butter- 1 1/2tbs
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bow.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add curd and cream it together.
5. Add vanilla essence and milk and mix well.
6. Add the flour mixture and fold in the batter gently.
7. Add the grated coconut and mix.
8. Pour into a greased and dusted square tin.
9. Bake for 15minutes. The cake browns fast.
10. Cover with a foil and bake for another 30minutes.
11. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
12. Place the cake with the tin on counter for 10minutes.
13. Invert cake on to a wire rack and cool.
14. Transfer the cake to a serving plate.
15. Beat butter and icing sugar for frosting.
16. Apply it on the top of the cake. Sprinkle coconut flakes or powder on top.
17. Slice it up and serve.