Sattu-1cup (dry roast channa dhal and powder it)
Ginger-a small piece
Green Chilly-2-3(finely chopped)
1. Mix all the ingredients given for the filling. Keep it aside
2. Mix flour, salt and oil.
3. Add enough water and knead it to a soft dough.
4. Cover and keep it aside for 30minutes.
5. Divide dough into lemon sized balls.
6. Roll out each ball into a thick disc.
7. Place enough filling in the centre and carefully bring the sides together and pinch to seal the seam.
8. Dust it with flour and carefully press it into a thick disc.
9. Heat a tawa and cook the paratha on both sides.
10. Apply oil on both sides and serve immediately.
This is another Bihari recipe using Sattu. After preparing sattu filling for the kachori, I had a cup full of sattu left. When I browsed through the net for other recipes using sattu, I saw many recipes for the sattu paratha. So I prepared the dough for the usual paratha and stuffed with the sattu filling. When served hot , it was so soft and delicious. It doesn’t need any gravy as the sattu itself is spicy. But you can also make any masala to go with it.