Last week, Sruti wanted cupcakes for her school’s sharing activity. The students are divided into 4 groups and each group is asked to bring a snack. Sruti’s group got cupcakes. I searched for an easy recipe in my recipe collection and came across this muffins recipe. I converted the recipe into an eggless one. The ingredients were at hand and so I prepared it immediately and sent it with her the next day to school. As it uses bananas, it is super soft and moist. My daughter liked it because of the chocolate chips and her friends liked it too.
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-125gm
Light Brown Sugar-25gm
1. Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Mash bananas with a fork. Add it to the butter.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Add milk to the banana butter mixture.
5. Add the flour and fold it with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix. The batter must be light and fluffy.
6. Add in 2/3rd amount of chocolate chips and mix.
7. Fill paper cups to 2/3rd with the batter.
8. Preheat oven to 200C.
9. Sprinkle the remaining chips on the muffins.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch and brown in colour.
11. Cool on wire rack and serve.
It was so soft and moist because of the bananas. The flavour of bananas was fabulous.
Sending this to Cooking Concepts-Chocolate Fest by Sravani