Condensed Milk-1tin/ 400gm
Chocolate chips -for decoration
Dulce De Liche:
1. Take a big deep pan and fill it to 3/4th with water.
2. Bring it to boil.
3. Place the unopened condensed milk tin inside the water and let the water boil for 3 hours.
4. The tin should be immersed in water for the whole time, otherwise it will burst. So be careful.
5. After 3 hours, remove the tin from the water and allow it to cool.
6. Open the can and dulce de liche is ready. Prepare it a day before making the pie to reduce work load.
1. Grind the digestive biscuits to a fine powder. You can also place the biscuits inside a zip lock bag and thrash the biscuits with a rolling pin.
2. Add butter to the biscuits and knead it into a soft crumbly dough.
3. Line a 8″ pie dish with the biscuit mixture. Press it with a spoon to make a compact base.
4. Preheat oven to 150C.
5. Bake the base for 5 -10minutes to get a crispy base.
6. Allow it to cool completely.
Assembling the Pie:
1. Peel skin and slice the bananas into thin rounds.
2. Open the can of dulce de liche.
3. Refrigerate fresh cream for 2 hour before whipping.
4. Using an electric beater, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Stop whipping when it reaches the stage. Do not over beat. If you want it sweeter add 2tsp icing sugar to the cream.
5. Apply a layer of dulce de liche on the biscuit base. Use the whole tin.
6. Arrange the banana slices on the toffee layer.
7. Top it with whipped cream.
8. Decorate with chocolate chips.
9. Refrigerate the pie at least for 1 hour. Place on a narrow bowl and remove the tin.
10. Cut and serve.
|Biscuit and butter mixture|
|Line a pie tin|
|Dulce de liche|
|Apply a layer of dulce de liche|
|Arrange the banana slices|
|Top the pie with the cream|
|Decorate with choc chips|
|Remove the tin after refrigerating|
|Slice it up and serve|