I prepared these cute rolls yesterday for pooja. So I didn’t take any snaps of the step by step process. I was totally confused about the sweet I have to prepare for the pooja. This idea suddenly crossed my mind. This is a very easy and simple sweet which can be prepared within 30minutes. It tasted awesome.
Cold Butter-2 1/2tbs
Baking Soda-2 pinches
Oil-to deep fry
1. Mix maida, baking soda and cardamom powder. Add butter and crush the butter into the flour.
2. Sprinkle water and prepare a soft dough.
3. Mix sugar and water and bring it to boil.
4. When the syrup becomes sticky, remove from flame.
5. Divide the dough into 4 balls.
6. Roll out each ball into a rectangle.
7. Apply a slight coat of butter.
8. Cut it into stripes of 1/2″width.
9. Roll each strip tightly into a roll. Press the end so that it does not unwind while frying.
10. Deep fry all the rolls till golden brown.
11. Drop the hot rolls into the syrup. Let it stay there until the second batch of rolls are ready for frying.
12. Remove the soaked rolls from syrup and place on a tray for drying.
13. Finish off all the rolls.
14. After 1 hour the top of the rolls will become dry. If they are sticky, wait for some more time.
15. Store in airtight container. Enjoy with tea or coffee.