I prepared garlic naan for my brother who visited me day before yesterday. I paired it up with Paneer Butter Masala. It was wonderful. Every one liked it a lot. My daughter will not eat any dish which has a new name(according to her). So I called it as Parotta naan and she readily ate it. She liked it so much. When kids enjoy what we prepare, I think that is the most joyous moment. As baking naan is so time consuming, I opted for stove top cooking when every one sat down for dinner. Naan cooked on tawa is also tasty. The taste differs a lot. So if you don’t have an oven, you can always cook it on stove top and relish it.
Maida / All Purpose Flour-2cups
Ghee / Clarified Butter-3tbs
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, yeast and ghee.
- Add the butter milk and mix well.
- Now add milk little by little until a sticky dough is obtained. Use more milk if needed.
- Cover the bowl with a wrap and set it aside for 30minutes.
- The dough will be double the size.
- Punch it down. Apply oil in palms and roll out lemon sized balls.
- Arrange it in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set it aside for 15minutes.
- After the dough had doubled you can start preparing naan. You can also refrigerate these balls until needed.
- Roll each ball into a circle. Fold the circle twice to form a triangle.
- Roll each triangle into a larger and thinner triangle.
- Apply a coat of butter on the rolled out triangle.
- Mince garlic in a mixer grinder.
- Apply a coat of the minced garlic on the butter.
- Sprinkle some dill on it.
- Preheat oven to 250C for 20minutes. Place the greased tray inside oven while preheating.
- Gently place two naans on the baking tray and bake for 10minutes (until the top is golden brown)
- Remove the naan from oven and apply a coat of slted butter on the hot naan.
- Serve along with curry of your choice.
|Prepare sticky dough|
|After half an hour|
|Roll into balls|
|Let the balls rise for 15minutes|
|Roll the ball into a circle|
|Fold it twice to form a triangle|
|Roll the triangle to a larger size|
|Apply butter, minced garlic and dill|
|Bake in a hot oven|
|Ready to serve|