This is the first day of Blogging Marathon by Srivalli. I have selected seven days of Indian Sweets as the theme. For so many days I have been planning to do some posts on sweets. Valli has given me a great oppurtunity to fulfill my wish. These pedas are so delicious. I prepared these for my dad and brother, who are fans of milk sweets. I am now at my mom’s place and trying to participate in the marathon. We are going to enjoy these seven days. Everyone here liked these pedas.
Milk Powder-3 1/2cups
Sugar-1/2cups + 2tbs
1. Mix milk and milk powder in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Place on stove and stir it to avoid burning.
3. This mixture will start boiling. Switch flame to medium and stir it until the mixture becomes thick(Batter Consistency). This will take around 25 minutes.
4. In another heavy bottomed pan, melt butter. When the butter has melted, add the milk mixture.
5. When the butter is fully incorporated, add cardamom powder and sugar.
6. Stir it continuously.
7. Grease a tray with ghee.
8. When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, pour it into the tray and level the top with the back of a spoon.
9. Sprinkle sliced pistas on top.
10. Allow it to cool for half an hour. With a knife mark lines on top to the required shape.
11. Place in fridge to set for 1 hour.
12. Cut along the marked line with a sharp knife.
13. Remove gently from the tray and serve.
|Mix milk and milk powder|
|Let it boil and thicken to curd consistency|
|Add the thickened milk mixture|
|Add cardamom powder|
|The mixture will leave the sides|
|Pour into a greased tray|
|Pack it up|