ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
Today is the second day of week long Blogging marathon #5. Everyone likes milk sweets at my mom’s place. So I decided to prepare Sandesh. I don’t have the moulds required for Sandesh. So I decided to make it in a square tray. I just sliced it into square pieces. Every one enjoyed it a lot. Even I couldn’t stop at one. Hope you will enjoy it too.
1. Prepare paneer with milk and lemon juice. You can see the step by step preparation here.
2. After 30minutes of straining, place the paneer in a wide plate and start kneading it. Press it with your palm to make it smooth.
3. Knead it for 15minutes to get a soft and smooth dough.
4. In a heavy bottomed pan, add the paneer dough along with sugar and switch on stove.
5. The sugar will melt and the mixture will become little thin. Do not panic.
6. Add cardamom powder and stir the mixture on low flame.
7. Paneer should not be overcooked. So stir it on low flame till the mixture starts leaving the sides.
8. Add 1 tsp ghee and stir it well.
9. Remove the pan from stove and continue stirring. This is the most important step in Sandesh preparation.
10. When the heat gets low, pour the mixture in a greased tray(use the other tsp ghee for greasing the tray)
11. Level it with the back of a spoon.
12. Sprinkle sliced pistas on top and allow it to cool.
13. When completely cool, slice it into square pieces and serve.
|Take the paneer on a wide plate|
|Knead into soft dough|
|Mix well and stir|
|When the mixture thickens add ghee|
|Pour into a tray|
|Garnish with pistas and slice them when cool|
Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me
Seven Days of Indian Sweets: Priya Suresh,
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid’s Special: Kalyani