Gooseberry-15(Size of a small lemon)
Red Chilly Powder-1/3cup
Mustard and urad dhal-1 1/2tsp
Methi seeds powder-1/4tsp
1. Wash the gooseberries.
2. Steam cook them for 10minutes.
3. It will open out like the petals of a flower.
4. Remove the seed and cut it into thin wedges.
5. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard and urad dhal.
6. Add hing and the cut gooseberries and saute for 10seconds.
7. Add red chilly powder and salt. Mix well.
8. Add methi powder and give a final stir.
9. Switch off stove and allow it to cool.
10. Store in airtight jar.
Preparing the gooseberries for pickling:
|Wash the gooseberries|
|Steam cook until it opens out|
|Cut into thin wedges and prepare pickle as per instructions|
Check out my Blogging Marathoners doing Group 3 BM#4 along with me
Diabetes Diet/Management: Kamalika, Smitha, Suma
Kid Friendly Recipes: Anusha, Cool Lassi(e)
Seven Days of Soup: Priya Suresh
Seven Days of Indian Bread: Jayasree, Pavani
Seven Days of Cakes: Priya Vasu
Seven Days of Preserves: Vaishali
30 Minutes Meals: Priya Mahadevan, Srivalli