Grated Coconut-2cups(tightly packed)
1. In a heavy bottomed pan take all the ingredients except ghee and pistas.
2. Mix well and switch on flame.
3. Stirring is very important in burfi making. If you leave it for 2 seconds, it will get burnt.
4. The sugar will dissolve in water and the mixture will start boiling.
5. Stir it continuous until water evaporates and there are very few bubbles in the mixture.
6. You will see white coloured foaming at the edge of the mixture(that is nothing but sugar).
7. At the stage when the foaming is more and no water bubbles, add ghee, give it a nice stir and pour into a plate greased with ghee. With the back of a greased spoon level the top. Sprinkle slivered pistas on top.
8. When the mixture hardens slightly, cut it into small squares with a sharp knife.
9. Allow it to cool completely.
10. Cut the burfis deep and separate it carefully.
11. Store in airtight jars.
12. This will be good for 2 days without refrigeration.
|Mix the ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan.|
|Let it come to boil|
|When there are no bubbles it is the perfect stage to switch off flame|
|Pour into a tray and cut into squares|
|Remove burfis when completely cool|