Ever since I started my Tamil channel, I have been pretty busy. every new channel struggles at the beginning, and only with consistent posting, it can get the interest of viewers. So I have decided to post for two days in a week while I will be doing only once in my English channel. It has been decided that all the three videos will be different. On Thursday, it would be my favourite – Indian sweets. You will be seeing whole lots of Indian sweets in coming days. To begin that, I decided to make paalkova today. Usually we make paalkova with milk and sugar, constantly stirring until it reduces to thick consistency. It takes minimum one hour to make paalkova traditionally.
To shorten the time taken, I have used milk powder. So this recipe can be done in 15 minutes flat. The recipe is pretty easy to put together, only if you have milk powder. I have used dairy whitener. If you remember my 10 minutes condensed milk video, I used the same milk powder in that recipe too. The decoration part is not mandatory. You can serve plain paalkova or add some extra toppings like almonds, pistachios, rose petals and saffron strands. It is completely up to you. When hot, the paalkova looks thin in texture, but once it cools down, it will become thick and fudge like. Take a look at the video to know exactly how I made it. Please subscribe to thew channel too.
Skimmed Milk Powder – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Almonds, Pistachios, Rose Petals For Garnish
In a heavy bottomed pan, mix together milk powder, sugar, milk, cardamom powder and water and mix to make a smooth paste.
Heat it on low flame and keep stirring until it starts thickening.
Add ghee and stir until it is slightly thick and start leaving the sides of the pan.
Pour it immediately on to serving bowl and garnish with almonds, pistachios and rose petals.
Once completely cool, you can serve it in individual bowls.
Paalkova / Milk fudge - Video Recipe
- Skimmed Milk Powder - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Almonds Pistachios, Rose Petals For Garnish
- In a heavy bottomed pan, mix together milk powder, sugar, milk, cardamom powder and water and mix to make a smooth paste.
- Heat it on low flame and keep stirring until it starts thickening.
- Add ghee and stir until it is slightly thick and start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Pour it immediately on to serving bowl and garnish with almonds, pistachios and rose petals.
- Once completely cool, you can serve it in individual bowls.