Flour/ Maida-3 1/2 cups
Instant Yeast-1 1/2tsp
Warm Water- 1 1/2cups + a little bit extra, so that the dough is sticky
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and prepare a sticky dough with warm water.
2. Knead it for 10 minutes to make it elastic. If the dough is very sticky , sprinkle a little flour and knead.
3. Cover with a wet towel and let it rise for 1 hour.
4. Knead it again and let it rise double the size.
5. The dough should rise 3 times to get the required texture.
6. After kneading for the third time, shape the dough into a rectangle.
7. Fold it thrice and pinch the edges. While folding trap air so that while baking the bread bursts open.
8. Roll the dough into a log with seam side down.
9. Place it in the baking tray and let it rise to double the size.
10. With a sharp knife make 4/5 slits each 1/2 inches deep running along the length of bread.
11. Apply a layer of water/ spray with water.
12. Preheat oven to 200C. Switch on oven 30minutes before baking.
13. In the lower shelf keep a flat plate with water because the bread needs steam to keep the crust softer.
14. Bake the baguette till golden brown.
15. Cool on wire rack.
16. Consume while still warm.