Yesterday I had some methi leaves sitting in my fridge. Just thought of using it. Roti with methi leaves is one of my favourites and a lovely way of sneaking it into my daughter’s diet. The rolling of this roti is slightly different from the method I use to roll rotis.I learnt this type of rolling the roti from by sister-in-law. She is a Sindhi. Just wanted to try it after a long break. The rotis came out lovely. Hope you all enjoy it too.
- Mix all the ingredients and add enough water to prepare a soft dough.
- Keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Make equal sized balls.
- Roll a ball into an oval.
- Spread oil and pinch it in the middle.
- Fold the flap over, dust it with flour and roll out a chapathi of even thickness.
- Heat tava and roast both sides of the roti.
- When done apply oil on both sides and serve hot with any masal.
|Mix all ingredients|
|Make a soft dough by adding water|
|Roll a portion into a ball|
|Roll it oval|
|Apply oil and pinch in the middle|
|Fold one side over the other|
|Roll it to a chapathi|
|Roast on tava|
|Apply oil on both sides and remove from flame|