Red chilly powder-1/2tsp
Garam masala powder-1/2tsp
Oats (for crust)-1/4cup
1.Heat oil and splutter fennel seeds. Add onion and green chillies and saute till the onions are golden brown.
2. Dry roast 1/4 cup of oats till crisp and let it cool.
3. Add carrot, green peas and saute for a minute.
4. Add red chilly powder, garam masala, roasted oats and salt and give a nice stir.
5. When the veggies are 3/4th cooked add the mashed potatoes and mix well. Remove from flame.
6. Let it cool a little. Divide the potato masal into small sized balls.
7. Shape them into cutlets. As the cutlets were dry I dipped it in water and rolled it over the oats kept for the crust.
8. Grease a baking tray and arrange the cutlets on the tray.
9. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
10. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Baked Oats Crusted Oats Cutlet
This is the Recipe from Priya’s Blog Priya’s Easy n Tasty Recipes. I prepared this for the Tried and Tasted event hosted by PJ of Seduce Your Taste Buds and started by Zlamuska and now carried on by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles. Priya is a versatile and innovative cook. She has a lot of recipes in her blog which are really creative. I am her fan and so this is a great oppurtunity to try from her blog. The recipe I tried is a healthy cutlet which has oats in it. It is also crusted with oats and baked for a guilt free snack. We all loved it very much.