Baked Yam / Senaikilangu
CTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
My mom usually deep fries this roast with a masala paste. But to make work easier I used tandoori masal and baked it in oven. It was great. You can use less oil in this method and so guilt free. This goes well with rice and rasam.
Yam / Senaikilangu-250gm
Tandoori masala powder- 4 or 5tsp
Red chilly powder-1tsp
1. Cut yam into square pieces. Let it be little thick if you want it to be soft inside.
2. Mix tandoori masala, red chilly powder, salt and oil and prepare a paste.
3. Apply this paste on all sides of the yam pieces and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Spread a foil on the baking tray and arrange the pieces on it. Drizzle a little oil on all pieces. This will make the roast crisp.
5. Preheat the oven to 250C. Bake the pieces for 1 hour.
6. Serve hot.