For the second day of Cooking for two, I have a very delicious low carb recipe. Though it is low carb, you can serve this even to your kids as this is really yum. I always make different type of manchurians for Sruti. Before going on the lifestyle change, even I used to love manchurian. But in a low carb diet, it is always better to stay away from deep fried items. Even store bought sauces are also avoided because of the sugar and chemicals. I came up with recipes for tomato sauce, green chilly sauce and red chilly sauce without any added sugar or chemicals (click on the names for recipes). These give the perfect flavour for any type of manchurian you make at home.
As I mentioned yesterday, the secret of making a dish for two without left overs is in measuring the ingredients before you cook. That helps so much in portion control. And as for manchurian, I wanted to make a simple base for it. Usually deep fried cauliflower, vegetable koftas or chicken are used as bases, but I used egg here. To make the egg base, the eggs are first steam cooked, sliced into cubes and added to the dish. With all the sauces that go into the dish, it tastes absolutely yum. You won’t even feel like you are eating a diet style manchurian. It is that good.
Eggs – 4
Salt and Pepper To taste
Oil – 1 tbs
Onion – 1
Green Chilly – 2
Green Chilly Sauce – 1 tsp
Red Chilly Sauce – 1 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 3-4 tbs
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander Leaves For Garnish
Take eggs, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
Pour into a greased square tin.
Steam cook for 10 minutes until the eggs are completely cooked.
Remove the egg from mould and slice it into cubes. Set aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add onions and green chillies.
Saute until translucent.
Add the red chilly sauce, green chilly sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar and let it cook for a minute on low flame.
Add salt and the egg cubes.
Give a nice mix, garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
Egg Manchurian Recipe
- Eggs - 4
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Oil - 1 tbs
- Onion - 1
- Green Chilly - 2
- Green Chilly Sauce - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Sauce - 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce - 3-4 tbs
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander Leaves For Garnish
- Take eggs, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Pour into a greased square tin.
- Steam cook for 10 minutes until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Remove the egg from mould and slice it into cubes.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and green chillies.
- Saute until translucent.Add the red chilly sauce, green chilly sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar and let it cook for a minute on low flame.
- Add salt and the egg cubes.
- Give a nice mix, garnish with coriander and serve immediately.