Eggless honey cake recipe Inspiration
Eggless honey cake recipe – When I was in college, in Mysore, we used to visit bakeries during free hours, and the only cake I would order was honey cake. With syrup oozing out of the cake, it was such a tasty delight. And after finishing college, I stopped eating eggs and so never went to a bakery after that. It has been nearly 18 years since I stopped eating eggs and it has been that long since I tasted a cake from a bakery. I used to be so crazy about cakes and I think it is the only reason I started making cakes at home. And I never ever dreamed that I would be in a position of advising others regarding baking. It is really so hard to guess life.
I was reminded of honey cake when a reader asked me about it. I know it is really tough to replicate the bakery one, but still I tried. Usually the bakery cake will be having so much of sugar syrup. As I was a great fan of syrup at my college days, I used to love it, but now I am not very happy about too much syrup. So I have used less. But if you want the same as the bakery cake, just double the amount of syrup used. I even saw a bakery video where they dip each slice in syrup. That is how they get that syrupy cake.
This cake is really simple to make. Make a soft vanilla cake, make a sugar syrup and have jam and coconut flakes ready. Though there is honey in the name, this cake doesn’t use honey. It is just the syrup and the word honey doesn’t mean literal honey but the syrup which looks like honey.
Eggless honey cake recipe doesn’t have honey
So don’t get confused that I haven’t included honey in the recipe. And also honey is very thicker than the syrup and the cake will not absorb it as it absorbs the syrup. But if you really want to add honey, add two tablespoons of honey to the cooled down syrup and then pour on the cake.
As I have mentioned earlier, my YouTube channel is at the starting and it is in your hands to make it grow. Please subscribe to the channel, view my videos, like them, share them with your friends and leave your comments as either for appreciation of dor any new ideas. I would greatly appreciate that. here is the link to my channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/gayathriraani
I hope you liked this recipe. If you try please leave me a message in my mail or on my FB page along with a photo. I would love to see all your creations.
Eggless Honey Cake recipe
For The Cake
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 1/4 cups / 300 gm
- Baking Powder - 1 tbs
- Butter - 1/4 cup / 50 gm
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 400 gm/ 1 tin
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Curd / Yogurt - 1/4 cup / 50 ml
- Milk -1 cup / 200 ml
For The Syrup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup / 100 gm
- Water - 1/2 cup / 100 gm
- Pineapple Essence - 1/2 tsp
- Jam - 200 gm
- Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl cream together butter, vanilla and condensed milk and beat until creamy.
- Add curd and beat well.
- Now using a spatula, mix 1/3 of the milk into the butter mixture.
- Add1/2 the flour and whisk until combines.
- Repeat the process once and then finish off with the remaining batch of milk.
- Pour into a greased and lined 8" square tin.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Once a tooth pick inserted comes out clean, remove the cake to a wire rack.
- Loosen the sides using a knife.
- Flip it on to a wire rack, remove the lining paper and allow it to cool completely.
- While the cake is baking, you need to make the syrup.
- Mix together sugar and water and bring it to boil.
- Once the sugar is melt and the syrup starts boiling, remove it from the flame and add the essence.
- Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Once the cake is cool, place it on a tray and trim the top with a serrated knife.
- Pour the syrup and soak the cake.
- Mix jam with a spoon until it is soft and smooth.
- Add it on top of cake and spread it with a spatula.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes evenly on top.
- Trim the sides of the cake and slice it into even pieces.