For the second day of bread less sandwiches, I made another simple yet very tasty appetizer / chat. My daughter loves any type of chat. She loves the flavour of the chat masala so much. When I was asking her about any bread free sandwich ideas, her first thought was potatoes. Even I had potatoes in mind, so I agreed with her idea immediately. Combining both her love for potatoes and chat, I came up with this aloo chat sandwich. And I am happy to say that she just loved it.
Usually for aloo chat, potatoes are deep fried, but I shallow fried them as it was easier than deep frying. I made this after she returned from school. It took just ten minutes to put together the whole dish as I had both sweet chutney and green chutney in fridge. You can even add some sev for a nice crunch. As I didn’t have it, I didn’t add.
Potatoes – 3
Oil To Fry
Salt, Red Chilly Powder to taste
Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4″ slices.
In a pan add oil and fry the potato slices until nicely browned.
transfer to a plate lined with tissue to remove excess oil.
Add salt, red chilly and chat masala to taste.
Arrange the slices on a serving plate.
Spread sweet and green chutneys and some curd.
Place another potato slice on top and sprinkle coriander leaves.
Aloo Chat Sandwich
- Potatoes - 3
- Oil To Fry
- Salt Red Chilly Powder to taste
- Chat Masala
- Green Chutney
- Sweet Chutney
- Coriander Leaves
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4" slices.
- In a pan add oil and fry the potato slices until nicely browned.
- transfer to a plate lined with tissue to remove excess oil.
- Add salt, red chilly and chat masala to taste.
- Arrange the slices on a serving plate.
- Spread sweet and green chutneys and some curd.
- Place another potato slice on top and sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.