As promised yesterday, here is the recipe for the cheese dip I made to go with the Garlic Bread Sticks. The original recipe from allrecipes had mustard in it. But as I didn’t have it in my pantry, I just skipped it. And when I was reading the reviews, many of the readers who tried this dip ended with a grainy sauce. But some commented that using good quality cheese doesn’t result in grainy sauce. I had a block of cheddar in the fridge and thought of using it in the recipe. But as I read two types of reviews, I didn’t know how my sauce would turn out. After a lot of thinking, I made it and crossed my fingers. My sauce came out so smooth and creamy and absolutely delicious. It is very easy to put together, only it needs a lot of whisking. Using a baloon whisk makes your job easy. And make it just 30 minutes before serving so that you can serve it warm.
Recipe Source: allrecipes
Maida/ Flour-2 tbs
Milk – 1 cup
Grated Cheddar Cheese-1 cup
Pepper Powder to taste
In a sauce pan melt butter.
Add flour and keep on whisking until it is lumpfree and smooth.
Now add milk in a steady stream while whisking it to incorporate.
Cook until the mixture thickens.
Add salt and pepper powder and mix well.
Add the grated cheese and whisk until it melts and the sauce is smooth.
Remove from flame and pour into a serving bowl.
Cheese Dipping Sauce / Cheese Dip
- Butter-2 tbs
- Maida/ Flour-2 tbs
- Milk - 1 cup
- Grated Cheddar Cheese-1 cup
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder to taste
- In a sauce pan melt butter.
- Add flour and keep on whisking until it is lumpfree and smooth.
- Now add milk in a steady stream while whisking it to incorporate.
- Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add the grated cheese and whisk until it melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Remove from flame and pour into a serving bowl.
- Serve along with chips, baked vegetables or bread sticks.