Granulated sugar-30 gm
Flour – 40 gm
Food Colour of Your Choice
- Mix together egg white, sugar and flour given for pattern.
- Add butter and mix.
- Add any food colour of your choice.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a small tip.
- Grease and line a 10” * 13” baking tray.
- Draw any pattern of your choice and freeze it for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl beat eggs and sugar for 10 minutes until it reaches the ribbon stage.
- Whisk together flour cocoa and coffee powder.
- Sift half of it into the egg mixture and very gently fold in.
- Add the remaining and gently fold in.
- Finally add 1 tbs of warm milk and gently fold in.
- Pour the batter over the frozen pattern and smooth it evenly.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Have two tea towels dusted with icing sugar ready.
- Invert the tray on the first towel.
- Remove the baking paper and trim the crispy edges.
- Now invert this onto the other tea towel.
- Roll it immediately and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Now open the roll, apply jam and frosting.
- Roll it again without the towel.
- Trim the sides.
- Slice it into ½” slices and serve.
Whisk in the butter.
Beat for 10 minutes.
Sift it in batches into the egg mixture and fold.
Swiss roll is ready.
Slice it up and serve immediately.