1. Soak chickpeas overnight and pressure cook until tender the next day.
2. Drain and reserve water.
3. Blanch almonds, remove skin and grind it along with curd.
4. Heat ghee and add the whole spices.
5. Add in the spice powders and saute for a minute.
6. Switch off flame and allow it to cool down.
7. Now add the curd mixture and stir it until incorporated.
8. Put the pan back on flame and keep on stirring to avoid the curdling of the curd mixture.
9. Cook the mixture for 15 minutes on low flame and keep on stirring.
10. Now add the chickpeas and salt. Adjust consistency using the water from the boiled chickpeas.
11. Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot along with rice.
Channa Madra- Himachal Pradesh