Who knows about blondies? I heard of blondies only two months back but never bothered to check the recipe. This month Sharanya of Just Not The Cakes hosted the challenge at Home Bakers and one of the recipes she chose was a Blondie. So I googled to know about it. IT is nothing but a Brownie minus cocoa powder and so it is light in colour while the brownie is darker because of the cocoa powder used. Blondies or Blonde Brownies are usually served as it is without frosting or glazing. The brown sugar gives the necessary sweetness. Blondies can be made plain or with nuts or chocochips to give the extra crunch.
Eggless Blondies / Blonde Brownies
- Butter-3/4 cup
- Light Brown Sugar-1 3/4 cup
- Vanilla-1 tsp
- Yogurt/ Curd - 1 1/4 cups
- Four/ Maida-2 1/4 cups
- Baking Powder-2 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Choco Chips - 350 gm
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the curd and beat until combined. The liquid will be separated but it is fine. Don't panic.
- Add the choco chips and mix.
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the flour to butter mixture and fold it using a wooden spatula or rubber spatula.
- Transfer the batter to a buttered 15" * 10" baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When a tooth pick comes out clean remove from oven and let it cool in the pan.
- Slice it up into squares and enjoy!