Who knows about blondies? I heard of blondies only two months back but never bothered to check the recipe. This month Sharanya of Just Not The Cakes hosted the challenge at Home Bakers and one of the recipes she chose was a Blondie. So I googled to know about it. IT is nothing but a Brownie minus cocoa powder and so it is light in colour while the brownie is darker because of the cocoa powder used. Blondies or Blonde Brownies are usually served as it is without frosting or glazing. The brown sugar gives the necessary sweetness. Blondies can be made plain or with nuts or chocochips to give the extra crunch.
Eggless Blondies / Blonde Brownies
The recipes Sharanya chose were interesting as the theme she chose was American Food Holidays of January. The National Blonde Brownie Day falls on January 22nd every year. To celebrate that you can make this delicious brownie. As it is over this year, book mark the recipe with a reminder for next year…
Usually light brown sugar is used for Blondies. But as I ran out of light brown sugar, I used dark brown sugar and so my blondies were darker than the original ones. But taste wise they were perfect. Soft crumbs with the crunch of choco chips made the blondies divine. It is really tough to stop just at one piece. I substituted the eggs with sour curd. You can opt for other egg substitutes too. Use whatever you are comfortable with.
Recipe Source: Allrecipes
Light Brown Sugar-1 3/4 cup
Yogurt/ Curd – 1 1/4 cups
Four/ Maida-2 1/4 cups
Baking Powder-2 1/2 tsp
Choco Chips – 350 gm
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add the curd and beat until combined. The liquid will be separated but it is fine. Don’t panic.
4. Add the choco chips and mix.
5. Mix together flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
6. Add the flour to butter mixture and fold it using a wooden spatula or rubber spatula.
7. Transfer the batter to a buttered 15″ * 10″ baking tray.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. When a tooth pick comes out clean remove from oven and let it cool in the pan.
10. Slice it up into squares and enjoy!
Cream together sugar and butter.
Add curd and vanilla.
Add choco chips.
Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
Fold in to make a thick batter.
Transfer to a baking tray.
Bake until done. Allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Do you need a slice??
OK, Have it. It tastes damn good…