ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
When I think of Valentine’s, I think of chocolates and cakes and candies and the colour red..But hubby dear is quite opposite to me. He is not a great fan of chocolates. He loves regional sweets and even when I do chocolate based desserts, he tastes them but do not eat it like we do. Today, I gave him a truffle and his face changed as if I gave him a piece of ginger. Too bad! But to compensate it my daughter loved and loved and loved it..But I had to restrict her to two a day. I made three varieties of truffles today. One coated with cocoa powder, the other in fresh coconut and the final coated with pista.
The truffle is very easy to make and melts in your mouth. It screams chocolate.. Who doesn’t love silk like smooth truffle? OK there is one person who doesn’t love it but we don’t mind. The truffle has only two ingredients in it apart from the topping. Dark chocolate paired with cream makes this rich creamy melt in the mouth truffle. Truffle has to be refrigerated otherwise they just start melting and will become gooey. But if you don’t mind licking it, then it is fine. It is better to serve them in paper liners just to avoid the mess it creates while eating. Making truffle has been in my mind for long and today I completed the task.
Fresh Cream- 200 ml
Bitter Sweet Chocolate-250 gm
Finely chopped nuts, cocoa powder and coconut for rolling the truffles
1. In a heavy bottomed pan heat milk on medium flame until bubbles starts to appear.
2. Remove from flame and add chopped bitter sweet chocolate.
3. Keep on stirring until all the chocolate has melted and you end with a shiny chocolate sauce. Resist the temptation to drink it.
4. Now bring it to room temperature.
5. Place it in fridge and leave it there for at least one hour until it becomes thick.
6. You can even leave it overnight.
7. Keep the liners, nuts, coconut and cocoa powder ready.
8. Take the truffle mixture from the fridge, take spoon full of the mixture and drop into the topping.
9. With the help of a fork or a spoon, roll it to coat it fully with the topping.
10. Place it inside liners.
11. Refrigerate until the time of serving.
This is the creamy refrigerated truffle mixture.
How good is this??
Keep everything ready and start rolling truffles in cocoa powder or any other topping of your choice.
I just loved it..
Here is the finished truffle plate. Who wants one??