I love beetroot and I can have it raw as salad or as a delicious poriyal. My daughter likes poriyal and the pink poori I make with beet juice. But hubby dear hates beetroot and whenever I prepare a dish with it, he never touches it. Sometimes, I have to make another extra side dish just for him. So when I made this pachadi from nandoo’s kitchen, I thought he would not touch it. But to my utter surprise, he liked it very much. I made dal palak and for the side I made this delicious beetroot pachadi. When mixed with curd it turned to a lovely pink and I just loved it. It was quite spicy with ginger and green chillies and DH has asked me to make it again. So thanks to Lisha for this yum recipe. This for the second day of Blogging Marathon #34, week 4 in which I am preparing from Nandoo’s Kitchen. This is also one of Kerala Sadya recipes and I am extremely happy to have tried this. If you are making it hours before serving, then do not add curd to the pachadi. Add it at the time of serving else it will become sour.
Recipe Source: Lisha
Grated Beetroot-2 cups
Ginger-1 1/2 tsp (grated)
Mustard Seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves-a sprig
Curd/ Yogurt-2 cups
1. Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
2. When they crackle add green chillies and curry leaves.
3. Add chopped onions and ginger.
4. Saute until translucent.
5. Add beetroot and salt and cook covered on low flame until it is completely cooked. You don’t have to add water.
6. Remove from flame and allow it to cool completely.
7. Add curd, mix and serve immediately.