Red Chilly Powder1/2 tsp
Grated Jaggery-1 tbs
Tamarind- a lemon sized ball ( soak in water and extract thick pulp)
Methi Seeds-1/8 tsp
Curry Leaves-a sprig
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry peeled and chopped ginger slices.
2. When they start browning, add green chillies and saute for a minute.
3. Drain oil and grind it to a coarse mixture without adding water in a mixer grinder.
4. Heat oil, add mustard and fenugreek seeds. When they crackle add asafoetida and the curry leaves.
5. Add the ground ginger and saute for a minute.
6. Add in the red chilly powder, salt, tamarind pulp and jaggery.
7. Mix well. Cook on low flame until oil comes out.
8. Store in a glass jar and refrigerate.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34