Caramel sauce is a delicious sauce made with caramelized sugar, butter and cream. This can be used as toppings for ice creams, cakes and fruit salads. You can even dip fruits in the sauce for a simple dessert. Yesterday I prepared mango ice cream for Sruti and this caramel sauce as the topping. She really enjoyed it. At first when I read the recipe, I was so worried in using hot cream. But still fingers crossed, I made it and it came out very nice. When the sugar mixture is heated on stove, you need to heat the cream on low flame at side so that once the sugar is caramelized the cream will be hot and it is very easy to prepare the sauce. The sauce looks very thin when hot but becomes nice and thick once cool.
Liquid Glucose-1 tbs
Butter 2 tbs
1. In a deep heavy bottomed pan mix together sugar, liquid glucose and water.
2. Heat it. Sir the mixture until the sugar and glucose completely.
3. Now allow the mixture to boil without disturbing it.
4. When i starts boiling, in another sauce pan heat the cream on low flame in another stove.
5. The sugar will start changing colour. When it is nice deep golden brown, it is time to add the cream.
6. Use a wooden spatula for stirring.
7. Keep flame low, pour the hot cream in a stream into the sugar.
8. Keep on stirring until he cream is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes smooth without any lumps.
9. Boil it for 5-10 seconds.
10. Remove from flame and let it cool.
11. After a minute add in the butter, vanilla and salt.
12. Stir the sauce until the butter is fully incorporated.
13. Allow it to cool completely.
14. Use it as a topping for dessert of any type.
Nice thick and lovely..
Was a fantastic topping for the mango ice cream.