Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-2 1/2 cups
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Instant Yeast-1 1/4 tsp
Granulated Sugar-1/4 cup
Butter-1/4 cup + 1/8 cup
1. Heat milk and butter until butter melts. Remove from stove and bring the temperature down to luke warm.
2. Add flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and yeast in a bowl and mix.
3. When the milk is luke warm, add it to the flour and mix to form a sticky dough.
4. Take the dough on counter and dust little flour and knead until it becomes non sticky.
5. Keep on kneading for nearly 10 minutes until the dough is elastic and smooth.
6. Place the dough in a well oiled bowl and cover with a cling wrap.
7. Keep it aside until double in size.
8. Poke a hole in the middle and if the dough doesn’t bounce back, then the proving is enough.
9. Take the dough on counter, punch down air and press it to a thick disc.
10. Divide the disc into 4 equal parts.
11. Roll each portion and divide it into three wqual portions.
12. You will end up with 12 equal sized balls.
13. Line a baking tray. Roll each ball into a oval shaped smooth ball and place it on the tray.
14. When all the balls are rolled out, use your scissors to cut two ears out of the oval ball as shown in the picture. Alos poke two small holes for eyes.
15. Cover and set it aside for 45 minutes.
16. Preheat oven to 175C.
17. Brush all the rolls with milk and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
18. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
19. Serve immediately or store in airtight box.
Here are the other dinner rolls recipe I made earlier…