I have been thinking hard about the paneer I had in my fridge. So many ideas flow through my mind but non of them came to reality. And at last yesterday I decided to do this pulao. Adding crumbled paneer to pulao made it very delicious. At first when I served it to my daughter, she hesitated a lot. I even had to black mail her into eating it. But when she came for a second helping and then the third, I was sure that she loved it. It is so hard to satisfy kids. The combination of paneer and green peas was so nice. I sauteed the paneer before adding to the rice and that gave a nice texture to the pulao.
Crumbled Paneer-2 cups
Green Peas-1 cup
Cinnamon-a small piece
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Coriander Leaves-4 tbs
- In a non stick pan add 1 tbs oil and add the crumbled paneer.
- Saute until it becomes golden. Transfer to a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add the remaining oil and add the whole spices.
- When they crackle add onions and sauté until golden.
- Add the green peas and a pinch of salt.
- Saute on medium flame. Add ¼ cup of water, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and curd.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. When the water is fully evaporated and oil floats add washed and drained rice.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water and salt. When the water boils reduce flame to medium and cook until 75% done.
- Add sautéed paneer and coriander leaves.
- Cover the pan with an aluminium foil and lid.
- Keep flame to low and cook for 5 minutes. Switch off flame.
- Remove foil, mix rice and cover it again.
- Serve after 15 minutes.