Today is the third day of the first week of Blogging Marathon#21. I am posting under diabetic sweets. This pudding is mildly sweet and is best for diabetic as the sweetener used is palm sugar. Oats is also very good for health and the milk used is also skimmed milk. My husband is not a great fan of oats ans so is Sruthi. But I love it. So I made a portion and enjoyed it after my dinner. It is very light and very delicious. So if you are a fan of oats then this is the dessert for you.
Quick Cooking Oats-1/2cup
Almond-2 (for garnish)
Saffron-a few strands
- Dry roast oats for a minute and transfer to a plate.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add raisins. Saute until nicely puffed.
- Add the roasted oats and mix it well. Saute for another minute on low flame.
- Add milk and bring it to boil.
- Add the saffron strands and sugar and let it boil until it becomes a thick mixture.
- Divide the mixture between two serving bowls and allow it to cool completely.
- Flake almonds and sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate for an hour and serve.
You can view the recipes by other bloggers participating in BM here.