Makes 12 Laddus
1. Grind palm sugar crystals to a fine powder and measure 1/2cup.
2. In a pan heat ghee and add raisins.
3. Fry until golden. Add sooji and saute until slightly brown.
4. Add coconut and roast until golden brown in colour.
5. Remove from flame and add the sugar and dates. Mix well.
6. Heat milk and add 2 tbs at first. Mix well. If you need add some more.
7. The sooji mixture must resemble bread crumbs and when shaped into laddus it should hold shape.
8. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a laddu.
9. Arrange on a plate and allow it to dry a little.
10. Transfer to air tight jar.
You can view the recipes by other bloggers participating in BM here.
Rava Laddu With Palm Sugar
Today is the second day of Blogging Marathon #21 and I am posting under Diabetic Sweets. Apart form the sugar free substitute I used yesterday, another natural sweetener good for diabetics is palm sugar. Palm sugar has a low glycemic index which is very good for diabetics compared to the white refined sugar. So I tried using it in rava laddu instead of white sugar and we couldn’t spot the difference. I also added some chopped dates which also has a low glycemic index and best for a diabetic. So a diabetic can indulge with out fear of increasing blood sugar levels. But moderation is the key. When preparing for diabetics prepare in lower quantity so that the intake can be restricted.