Today is the second day of the Final week of Blogging Marathon#20. I am posting under Kid’s Delight Party Specials. Sunflower seeds are very good for health and I had a jar of roasted seeds. When I saw this recipe in my recently bought recipe book, I made it at once. It is very easy to prepare. And if your kid is not a fan of sunflower seeds, then you can substitute it with walnuts or almonds. These rolls have a nice crispy crust and soft and fluffy interiors. Serve it along with butter or jam and kids would love it.
Makes 12 Rolls:
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1 1/2cups
Roasted Sunflower Seeds-1/2cup
1. Mix flour, baking soda and baking powder.
2. Add oil and butter and mix until it resembles bread crumbs.
3. Add the sunflower seeds and buttermilk and mix until it forms a soft and sticky dough.
4. Preheat oven to 220C.
5. Grease a baking tray. Drop spoonful of dough on the tray leaving a gap of 2″ between rolls.
6. Bake for 15-20minutes or until the crust is golden.
7. Cool on wire rack and serve.