Click For Printable Recipe
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1 2/3cup
Baking Powder-2 1/4tsp
Apple Cider Vinegar-1tsp
Fresh Orange Juice-1/4cup
Orange Zest from 1 orange
Fresh Orange Juice-2tbs
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and dust a 7 1/2″ square cake tin.
3. In a bowl add flour, corn flour and baking powder and mix well.
4. In another bowl add butter, sugar and beat until fluffy.
5. Add the milk, vinegar, essence, zest and orange juice and beat until light and fluffy.
6. Add the flour mixture and fold in.
7. Add chopped walnuts and fold.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared tin, smooth the top.
9. Bake for 25-30minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. If the cake browns fast, cover the top with a foil to avoid it.
10. Remove cake from tin and place on wire rack and wait until it becomes warm.
11. Place the cake on the serving plate. Prick all over with a tooth pick and pour 2-3tbs of orange juice on it. The cake will soak up the juice.
12. Mix icing sugar and orange juice for icing.
13. Pour it on the cake and set it aside until completely cool.
14. Slice it up and serve.
Today is also the fourth week of blogging marathon #20 and I am posting under Kid’s Delight Party Special by Srivalli. This cake will make a great treat at a party.