For this month’s Magic Mingle#7, Kalyani chose two magic ingredients. We need to come up with a recipe using both ingredients in the dish. The ingredients are moong dhal and pepper corns. This easy dosa recipe uses both the ingredients and it is very delicious. I prepared these dosas for breakfast today. You can also serve it as snack with green chutney. My daughter had it with tomato chutney and she finished off her plate. These are like uttappam but if you want a thinner dosa you can spread it on tawa a lot thinner than what I have done. Moong dhal needs just one hour to soak. So the dosas will be ready with in 15 minutes once you have soaked dhal at hand.
Makes 8 dosas:
Pepper Powder-1tsp(You can adjust according to taste)
1. Soak moong dhal for 1 hour.
2. Grind it to a fine paste.
3. Add rice flour, salt, pepper powder, coconut and coriander.
4. Mix well. If needed add water to bring it to dosa batter consistency.
5. Add baking soda and whisk the batter well. It will become fluffy.
6. Heat a tawa. Pour a ladle full of batter and spread it to form a dosa.
7. Drizzle oil on sides.
8. When the sides start browning, flip the dosa and cook until both sides are brown.
9. Serve hot with tomato or green chutney.