This is a creamy and rich gravy perfect as an accompaniment to Indian flat breads. I prepared this as part of Punjabi Thali to go with makai ki roti. I came across this recipe in a Tarla Dalal book. This is a mildly spiced gravy and so my daughter liked it. She even didn’t complain about the makai ki roti.
For The Paste:
Fresh Thick Curd-1/2cup
Butter For Garnish
1. Heat a tsp oil and saute onion, tomatoes, cashew and red chillies.
2. Add 1 1/2cups water and simmer until the mixture turns mushy.
3. Cool and grind it to a fine paste.
4. Heat butter in a pan and add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
5. Add ginger and garlic pastes and saute for a minute.
6. Add the paste, curd, ketchup and salt and simmer for 5minutes.
7. Add water to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
8. Finally add cubed paneer, garam masala, sugar and kasuri methi.
9. Simmer for 3-4minutes and serve hot.