This is a spicy side dish using the evergreen vegetable “Potatoes”. My daughter is a great fan of this vegetable. She takes potato for her lunch twice every week. But for her I prepare it very mildly adding a small pinch of red chilly powder. As I prepare it twice in a week, I prepare it only for her. Even though I like potatoes, I try to stay away from it as part of my diet. But after seeing this recipe, I wanted to try it. This was only for me because Sruti will never eat such spicy food. K is not a great fan of potatoes. So when I prepared this for the Punjabi thali, I relished. And still got a small bowl of this in fridge for later use. It is full of cumin flavor and the preparation is very easy.
Cumin Seeds-1 1/2tsp
Chilly Powder-1 1/2tsp
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
2. When they crackle, add peeled and cubed potatoes along with all the other ingredients except coriander leaves.
3. Saute on low flame for a minute.
4. Sprinkle little water, cover and cook until done.
5. Keep on sprinkling water to avoid burning.
6. When the potatoes are completely cooked, add coriander leaves, give a nice stir and transfer to a serving bowl.
7. Serve hot.