Green Gram Sprouts-1cup
Khus Khus/ Poppy Seeds-2tbs
Sambar Powder-1 1/2tsp
Coriander Leaves-2tbs(finely chopped)
1. Soak poppy seeds in warm water for 1 hour.
2. Grind it along with coconut, tomato and ginger garlic paste.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and splutter fennel.
4. Add onions and saute till translucent.
5. Add the sprouts and saute until aromatic.
6. Add the paste, spice powders and salt.
7. Cover the cooker and put on the weight.
8. When the first whistle is heard, switch flame to low and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Switch off flame and let the pressure be released.
10. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro.
I prepared this kurma long ago and it was lying in my drafts begging for my attention. This is a simple kurma which goes well with rotis, dosas, idlis and chappathis. I prepared this with home made green gram sprouts. Hope you like it.
I prepared a cake for my neighbour’s anniversary. How is it?